2) Resettlement and Rehabilitation Subgroup:
1. To monitor the progress of land acquisition in respect of submergence land of the Sardar Sarovar Project.
2. To monitor progress of implementation of the plan of rehabilitation of affected villages at the selected sites in Gujarat in phases.
3. To review the initial or first phase plan from time to time in the light of results of the implementation.
4. To finalise details of the subsequent phases of rehabilitation and resettlement of the villages.
5. To review the reports of agencies entrusted by each state in respect of monitoring & evaluation of the progress in the matter of rehabilitation and resettlement.
6. To monitor the progress of land acquisition and rehabilitation of the subsequent phases.
7. To monitor and review implementation of Rehabilitation and Resettlement of subsequent phases.
8. To undertake any or all activities to achieve co-ordination amongst States/Agencies in the matter of Rehabilitation and Resettlement of Sardar Sarovar Project oustees.